tug::historic mirror?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Mar 26 22:39:09 CET 2019

Although not strictly related to TeX Live, I will ask here anyway: if
anyone runs a well-connected server with ample disk space, and would be
willing to mirror the "historic" area of tug.org for public consumption,
please let me know. It's currently some 185GB, and will only grow.

Right now there is only one mirror at Utah (thanks Nelson). Since this
is the way that people get old releases of TeX Live / MacTeX, it would
be good to have more.

On tug, it's only available via rsync and ftp, and tug's anonymous ftp
is severely restricted due to resource limitations. Nelson is available
to make it available by http
(http://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/tex/historic/systems/mactex/), which is
clearly more convenient for most.

Thanks,