pretesting please

Taylor, P P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Sun Mar 24 14:22:13 CET 2019

Taylor, P wrote:
> One quick update — On performing a clean "install-TL-advanced.bat" just
> now, I re-configured TEXMFHOME, then selected "More"; my change to
> TEXMFHOME was lost.
> And a question :  the (advanced) installer pre-selects "After install,
> set CTAN as source for package updates".  As this is pre-test, is CTAN
> not the wrong place ?

And a follow-up:  the dialogue boxes of the new installer are an
enormous improvement over those of previous generations; one can
consistently select / overtype / confirm / etc, whereas before
interactions appeared to be almost random in the effect that they had or
did not have.  So thank you very much for this.  I can now carry out a
TeX Live 2019 (pre-test)  installation/configuration without having to
worry as to whether my click-at-end / drag-to-start / over-type had or
had not had the desired effect, or whether I needed to ensure that the
insertion point was at the end before I could reliably click "[OK]"
rather than having to use one or more <return>s.

** Phil.