pretesting please (re-sent, no replies received, first sent 19/03/2019 10:37)

Taylor, P P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Thu Mar 21 10:58:27 CET 2019

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 03:34:24PM +0000, Taylor, P wrote:
>>    3.  TLMGR is completely dysfunctional (see attached screenshot).  After clicking "OK", it just disappears.  If the screenshot is not visible, it reads
>>
>>      (i) Level 1: initialise
>>          Level 2: start_tlmgr
> Cannot reproduce; no clue.

OK, thank you for testing.  Following an earlier message by a user who
had successfully launch TLMGR as Administrator, I tried that and it
worked; however, trying to launch it as myself (the person who installed
TeX Live, and who did not use "Install as administrator") I consistently
provokes the behaviour previously described.  Are you able to locate
those two strings in the source files ?  Their location may provide a
clue ...

** Phil.