pretesting please

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 18:26:51 CET 2019

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 17:58, Collins, John C wrote:

> On 3/16/19 6:53 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
> > Hi everyone - if you have any chance of installing the TL pretest and
> > trying it out on your documents, please do!
> > http://tug.org%/texlive/pretest.html
>
> I tried installing the MacTeX pretest on a Mac running El Capitan 10.11.6.  But
> the package complained that my system is too old: "This package requires
> Yosemite (mac OS 10.10) or higher."  Since I am running a more recent system,
> something is wrong.  Is it merely the error message or the test?

MacTeX requires 10.12. The "your system is too old" part is correct,
but the version cut is wrong, it should say that 10.12 is required.
This needs to be fixed. Karl? (I'm afraid we'll hit the exact same
problem next year as this needs to be changed in multiple locations.)

TeX Live should still work on 10.11 with legacy binaries, just not
MacTeX itself.

Mojca