pretesting please

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Mon Mar 18 08:06:39 CET 2019

> On 16 Mar 2019, at 23:53, Karl Berry <karl at FREEFRIENDS.ORG> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone - if you have any chance of installing the TL pretest and
> trying it out on your documents, please do!
> http://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html <http://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html>
>
> Every year for a while there have been one or two major bugs that aren't
> found before the release, thus necessitating quick rebuilds. It would be
> nice if we didn't have that happen this year. There is no other way than
> to have as many people as possible try the pretest. You can throw away
> the entire pretest directory after the release is made, all TL
> installations are independent.
>
> The freebsd binaries are not yet updated, but all other platforms have been.
>
> Please report any problems, and thanks,
> Karl

I installed MacTeX pretest and tried it with the 434 pages book I have just finished writing. Updating and compiling the document worked flawlessly.

Simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Maneggplatz 18

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch
http://www.utopia2016.ch

„Everybody needs money! That’s why they call it money!“ David Mamet