pretesting please

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Sun Mar 17 22:01:54 CET 2019

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 09:17:07PM +0100, Denis Bitouzé wrote:
> Le 17/03/19 à 21h15, Denis Bitouzé a écrit :
>
> > Le 17/03/19 à 13h21, Taylor, P a écrit :
> >
> >>   5.  I note that the installation of TeX Live 2019 (pre-test) has added an
> >> entry to my start menu : "DVIOUT DVI viewer", and that new file associations
> >> have been created for (perhaps amongst others) .eps, .ps, .pdf and a number of
> >> image formats.  I would prefer to be asked whether such entries & associations
> >> should be created.
> >
> > I fully agree, though I'm not a Windows user. But numerous people
> > I helped to install TL on Windows complained about this new default
> > viewer for their `.pdf' files (which is ugly and, the last time
> > I checked it, has much less features compared to SumatraPDF or even
> > Acrobat Reader). The default viewer for `.pdf' files should be left
> > intact.
> >
> > At most, DVIOUT could be the default viewer for `.dvi' and `.eps'
> > files.
>
> I forgot: image viewers should be left intact as well.

Nothing has changed on our end. The default is still that existing
file associations are not overridden, so I do not know what is going
on with your users. 'Open with' entries may be added, but these do
not override a default file association.

As to psview: it currently does not work, at least not for me and
several others.  We are still hoping for an update before release,
otherwise its menu entry and its file associations will be scrapped.

--
Siep Kroonenberg