pretesting please

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Sun Mar 17 20:19:15 CET 2019

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 04:54:14PM +0000, Taylor, P wrote:
> Hallo Siep —
> > I cannot exactly reproduce this: if I create the texmf subdirectory
> > beforehand then the choices are respected; if not, the installer
> > ends with an error message
> OK, I will delete everything and try again after re-rsynch'ing, but not
> today as this legal document must go to the Court tomorrow !
> >
> > W:/systems/texlive/tlpretest/install-tl:
> > mkdir(C:\texlive\2019\texmf\var/) failed: No such file or directory
> > at W:/systems/texlive/tlpretest/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 913,
> > <STDIN> line 212.
> >
> > whereas the text-mode installer has no problem. Am looking into
> > this.
> OK, is it possible that when I went to the new advanced screen and set
> some options there that it forgot that I had changed things in the main
> dialogue box ?

The advanced screen only adds to the basic screen, and the More...
screen adds still more, and all the old options are still there.

> Here are the seemingly relevant lines from the log file :
> > Installing TeX Live 2019 from: C:/TeX/Live/2019/tlpretest (not verified)
> > Platform: win32 => 'Windows'
> > Directory for temporary files: C:\Users\Philip
> > Taylor\AppData\Local\Temp\N3vdQBtGvf
> > Installer revision: 50369
> > Database revision: 50420
> > Settings:
> >   TEXDIR: "C:/TeX/Live/2019"
> >   TEXMFCONFIG: "~\TeX\Live\TeXMF\Config"
> >   TEXMFHOME: "~\TeX\Live\TeXMF\Home"

These are the user versions. I guess you meant to edit the system
versions below, which you left untouched:

> >   TEXMFLOCAL: "C:/TeX/Live/texmf-local"
> >   TEXMFSYSCONFIG: "C:/TeX/Live/2019/texmf-config"
> >   TEXMFSYSVAR: "C:/TeX/Live/2019/texmf-var"
> >   TEXMFVAR: "~\TeX\Live\TeXMF\Local"
> > That is what the 'Desktop integration'- and 'File associations'
> > options are for.

> OK, I will search for those on my next install.  What I would like (if
> it is possible) is for TeX files to be associated with TL2019/TeXworks
> but no other associations;

Then choose 'none' for file associations and define your file
associations via the Open or Open with entry from the right-click
menu in windows' File Explorer.

> also a start menu entry for TeX Live 2019
> suite rather than for DVIOUT (or whatever).

Try choosing 'Launcher entry' for Desktop integration. You can
create your own ini file if you want another selection in the
launcher; see the tlaunch documentation.

--
Siep Kroonenberg