pretest: tlmgr Event.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Tue Mar 12 23:06:12 CET 2019

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 06:22:55PM +0100, "Torsten Schütze" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just updated the TeXLive 2019 pretest under Windows
>
> from tlmgr.log:
>
> texlive.infra (50251 -> 50334)
> texlive.infra.win32 (50178 -> 50329)
> tlperl.win32 (46882 -> 50322)
>
> After that infrastructure update I obtain
>
> > tlmgr.bat gui
>
> Event.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got handshake key 00F4DD44, needed 0000000)
>
> and tlmgr didn't start, even after using update-tlmgr-latest.exe. (r50334)
>
> > tlmgr.bat update --all
>
> still works and installs about 25 further updates.

There are now new GUIs for tlmgr, viz. tlshell, which should work
out of the box, and tlcockpit, which requires Java.

The TL Perl distribution for windows has just been updated. It no
longer includes a Tk module, since both the installer and tlmgr have
new GUIs which do not require it. This is why `tlmgr.bat gui' no
longer works.

The error message is a bit odd. It suggests to me that tlmgr tries
and fails to load a left-behind Tk module from the previous perl
distribution, which should not be there anymore, but that is just
guess work from my part.

--
Siep Kroonenberg