MetaType1 in TeX Live

Marcel Fabian Krüger tex at 2krueger.de
Mon Jun 3 00:29:28 CEST 2019

On Sun, Jun 02, 2019 at 03:37:19PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Is there any particular reason for this packaging?
>
> As far as I know, it's written as DOS batch scripts and thus does not
> support any other platform. So I never unpacked it. -k

While the official interface consists of batch scripts, they just glue
some AWK scripts and a Perl script together and call MetaPost with the
right parameters, so most parts are pretty cross-platform compatible.
Also the MetaPost code can be used independently. Maybe at least the
MetaPost components could be extracted?

-- Marcel