Lua files as examples

Urs Liska lists at openlilylib.org
Thu Jul 25 22:28:29 CEST 2019

Hi Karl,

I have one more question: Are .lua files also found when they are in the doc tree of texlive?

Case in question: I right now have the following situation:

<root>
|- documentation
   |-luaformatters.tex
   |-luaformatters-manual.lua
   |-luaformattersmanual.sty
   |-examples
     |-example.lua
     |-...

Both luaformatters-manual.lua as well as the .lua files in the 'examples' directory should remain in these directories because they are included in the manual as listings with minted (\inputminted{lua}{examples/example.lua}) (for which I think the relative path is required). But they also have to be *found* as Lua modules from the manual, respectively its luaformattersmanual.sty.

I can't really test this because in my development repository already the root is in the LaTeX search path, and so anything in the documentation directory will be too.
In TeX Live, however, will the .lua files in the doc directory be found through the path, or at least through the relative path from the manual's .tex or .sty file?

Thanks
Urs