Packages that only have Lua files

Urs Liska lists at openlilylib.org
Sat Jul 20 10:43:48 CEST 2019

Am 20. Juli 2019 09:38:25 MESZ schrieb Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de>:

>Am 20.07.19 um 06:29 schrieb Eduardo Ochs:
>
>> Are there any examples on CTAN of packages that are made of Lua files
>> only, except for documentation? I have this package here, that I
>would
>> like to submit to CTAN soon - i.e., in a few months - that is like
>> that...
>
>for example: https://ctan.org/pkg/xindex

But this is a *program*, not a package to be loaded in a document, right?

I would suggest adding a .sty file as a thin wrapper around the Lua code, not because of concerns regarding CTAN but as a courtesy to the user.
You can take care of the dependencies and reduce (of even eliminate) the use of \directlua required by the user. If I don't forget this I can write up how the necessary client side code changed (and minimized) through pulling that stuff in the package.