Undesirable nul file with tlmgr.bat under Windows

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Jul 12 02:04:22 CEST 2019

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019, "Torsten Schütze" wrote:
> I should note that I use a Win32 TeXLive 2019 installation, i.e, I am not using the cygwin tex packages.

Shouldn't change anything.

> $ perl -e 'print $^O'
> cygwin

Hmm, that sounds correct.

It would be great to find out *which* part of the code generates the nul
file.

Can you please open the tlmgr shell
	tlmgr shell
and at the prompt type the following commands, and at each step check
whether the file has been created or not. Thanks
	load local
	load remote
	update --list
Thanks

> You mean with the current TeXLive Installation under C:\TeX? Not with the cygwin packet manager setup-x86_64.exe?
> > I don't think that what you do ATM can work reliably.
>
> It worked for several years.

I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work. Reinhard, do you have actual
reasons to assume that?

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev