last build of tl18 tonight
zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:01:37 CET 2019
it might be easier to make a branch at a point before committing the
binaries (the point of freeze), update microtype there and make the
next build of TL 18. If feasible, the microtype update can be
cherry-picked to the trunk. The branch will then die. I would consider
this solution clearer.
čt 28. 2. 2019 v 15:46 odesílatel Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> napsal:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2019, Simon Spiegel wrote:
> > While this is a bug in microtype and while there is an easy workaround, I think it still makes sense to discuss whether a TL freeze at this very moment is indeed a smart decision. Many documents will break because of this bug and I am not sure whether it is wise to freeze TL exactly at a point where such a prominent bug appears.
> All nice and fine, but TL got frozen *before* this bug was reported, and
> we have already commited updates to binaries etc etc.
> Sorry, this is a pain indeed, and I agree that the luaotfload update
> should have been better timed or better tested, but that is life.
> I don't think we can easily update tlnet to fix this chaos. And anyway,
> there is no microtype update available ...
> @Karl The only option if at all possible is to *manually* create a new
> microtype .tar.xz, and update the tlpdb with a revision+1 for microtype,
> and do the signing etc manually. *IF* we want to do this, let me know.
> PREINING Norbert http://www.preining.info
> Accelia Inc. + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Developer
> GPG: 0x860CDC13 fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0 ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13
More information about the tex-live