context update in TeX Live

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 11:54:06 CET 2019

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 12:40 AM Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     Just guessing: the timestamp might have been increased in TeX Live
>     internally
>
> I know of nothing on the TL side that would have automatically changed a
> timestamp specified as in texmfcnf.lua.
>
>     Karl made some script a while ago that's able
>     to automatically update ConTeXt in TeX Live,
>
> Yes. It downloads .pragma-ade.nl/context/current/cont-tmf.zip.  The code
> that moves stuff around is mostly in tlpkg/libexec/ctan2tds.

ah ok, I missed  ctan2tds. Good to know.
It looks  that after reverting we are again ok:

1) on February 23 a local user complained that  the latest update of
context failed with
!!!!: Your luatex binary is too old, you need at least version 1.09
Today the same user says that is ok with  LuaTeX, Version 1.07.0 (TeX Live
2018)

2) svn repo is ok

TeXLive assembled from
texlive[50099] Master/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/mkiv/font-dsp.lua:
<https://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live-commits/2019-February/008823.html>
(hence luatex 1.10 and  current context )
looks ok -- I can generate formats and font cache. Simple examples of
lualatex & context also work.

I think that for texlive 2020 we could  have something like
21feb: tlnet (and TL'18) frozen
22feb: sources committed, builds begin.
1mar:  tlpretest starts, CTAN updates continue there.

--
luigi