[tex-live] latex+dvipdfmx reports glyphs issues when used with garamond option from mathdesign

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Wed Feb 20 19:00:40 CET 2019

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the additional info.

The font you indicate could only be used with xelatex or lualatex,
but I am concerned with latex runs which use fonts prepared for TeX.

The binary files "pfb" extensions are the ones ending up in pdf.

It seems dvipdfmx complains about mismatches of glyph dimensions
in TFM (which are the date on which TeX bases its layout of document)
and the glyph dimensions in Type 1 font files.

Pehaps those font files from mathdesign package are deficient in some way
(dimensions slightly off), not too serious, but I am curious why only
dvipdfmx but not dvips or pdflatex complain.

Best,

Jean-François