Suggested feature: Portable document archive

Johannes Hielscher jhielscher at posteo.de
Sun Dec 29 01:50:02 CET 2019

> Aspects that need more thought:

- You will lose archiveability/dedup/diff/searchability and ease of
  tracking with version control systems. This will make many grep and
  git/hg/svn/… users unhappy, and voids one of the major upsides of
  TeX against “binary” document systems (as long as you don't want to
  introduce fancy pre-commit hook ninja stunts).

This applies as well to MikTeX, so feel free to add this aspect to
the upstream discussion!

Don't get me wrong. I'm somewhat intrigued from this idea, but don't
want to wake up some next morning to find out that I've locked out of
my own workflow.

Best,
Johannes