List of changes before updating

Sergio Callegari sergio.callegari at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 16:00:27 CET 2019

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is a way to get a changelog for packages for which
updates exist.

- I have noticed that the ctan annoucements rss include a short changelog, but I
cannot see if tlmrg is able to deliver it;

- I have also noticed that for some packages (e.g. some fonts or luatex),
texlive updates may happen with the packages themselves staying at the same
version, which I guess is the result of an update in the packaging, rather than
an update in the inner packages. For these packages it would be particularly
useful to know from tlmgr what is going to change with the update, since looking
at the package sources often provides no hint.

If there is currently no way to get changelogs, may I suggest a tlmgr update
<xxx> --changelog, not doing any actual update, but showing a short changelog
for the package?

Best,

Sergio