mptopdf output file not numbered.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Dec 15 00:09:51 CET 2019

Andreas, do you understand what the purported patch is supposed to be
improving?

If I create a file two.dot.mp with two characters in it, your version
creates output files which have the "two" trimmed off:
  two.dot is converted to dot-0.pdf + dot-1.pdf

whereas the existing mptopdf.pl (the one now in
texmf-dist/scripts/context/perl/mptopdf.pl and that was distributed in
TL19, etc.), does it correctly:
  two.dot is converted to two.dot-0.pdf + two.dot-1.pdf

So that is not a win.

That script sure tri
Meanwhile, as far as your r53115 commit goes:

    trunk/Build/source/texk/texlive/linked_scripts/context/perl/mptopdf.pl

Everything under linked_scripts/ is intended to be slave copies of the
corresponding files in texmf-dist, mostly under
texmf-dist/scripts. (Also, mptopdf.pl in particular is in turn intended
to be a slave copy of the original in ConTeXt.)  I've copied it over, again.

Best,
Karl