Spacing with Font Roboto

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 22:34:47 CET 2019

po 9. 12. 2019 v 17:30 odesílatel Herbert Voss
<Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de> napsal:

> Am 09.12.19 um 17:20 schrieb Uwe Siart:
> > Alexander Krumeich <alexander.krumeich at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> \documentclass[a4paper]{scrartcl}
> >> \usepackage{fontspec}
> >> \setmainfont{roboto}
> >>
> >> \begin{document}
> >> This is a test.
> >> \end{document}
> >>
> >> Following is a verbatim copy of the characters when I mark and copy
> >> them from my PDF viewer:
> >>
> >> T h is
> >> is
> >> te s t.
> > >From the PDF produced by lualatex I get
> >
> > T h i s i s a t e s t .
> >
> > Interestingly, with xelatex I get
> >
> > This is a test.
> >
> > (as it should be)
>
> I cannot see it. Both are correct. The only difference is that I have a
> case sensitive
> file system, the reason why I have to use
>
> \setmainfont{Roboto}
>
> I am working with macOS with TL from Tug (not MacTeX)
>
> Herbert

If fontconfig does not find an exact match, it tries different rules
to find a replacement font. It may happen that it finds the required
font if only case does not match. It also depends how xetex and luatex
cooperate with fontconfig. And this may chage after OS upgrade. If I
am not sure, I always try "fc-match -v <fontname>" in order to find,
under which name the system's  fontconfig knows the font.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz