64 bits version of TeXLive (pretest 2020) on Windows

Akira Kakuto kakuto at w32tex.org
Mon Dec 9 01:38:19 CET 2019

Dear Pablo,

> Nowadays (at least in my country) it is quite difficult to buy
> or get a 32-bit computer, most of the manufacturers have opted
> for 64 architecture, this said, will it be possible to include
> in the "pretest" version the binaries for 64?

I think 32bit binaries work great also on 64bit OS.
The infrastructure of TeX Live for Windows is
fairly complicated, contributed by many people, and I prefer to preserve the
present status. Users of 64bit OS can install 64bit
binaries, if necessary, from CTAN/systems/win32/w32tex/TLW64.
The increased disk space may not be a problem in these days.

Best,
Akira