Go to source

Gmail Spyros spyrosfronimos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 23:22:32 CEST 2019

I am using TexStudio with a TexLive 2019 distribution. Before I switch to TexLive I was working with MikTex and the "Go to source" function was working fine. Now this option is not working an it can be frustrating when working witlarge projects. I searched a lot for a solution in questions like these and today I think I accidently discovered the reason of this issue.
I write in greek, which means that many of my forders have a greek name resulting in paths which contain greek words in them. If I place a test.tex file in such directory then the "go to source" function isn't working. Putting the same file in a directory like "C:\usres\ (user-folder)" make things work file. So I am 99% sure that the reason behind the problem is the greek words inside a path.
For example
Working path: "C:\usres\ (user-folder)".
Not working path: "C:\Users\Spyros\Μαθηματικά\Διαγωνίσματα\Η έννοια της συνάρτησης"
I do not want to rename the folders or move them to a different directory because that would lead to more issues conserning custom commands that use the current folder structure. Besides this would not fix the problem.
The test.synctex file has question marks in place of the greek words something like this "C:\Users\Spyros\?????????????\????????????\?????????????".
I use -synctex=1 in the build command as mentioned by many and I compile with xelatex.

---
Αυτό το e-mail ελέγχθηκε για ιούς από το πρόγραμμα Avast antivirus.