Aw: Re: texlive pretest: updmap under Windows in an auxtree doesn't work

Keks Dose Cookie170 at web.de
Fri Apr 19 14:41:09 CEST 2019

> Why are you passing the full path to the Map? As the map is in a
> texmf tree

> updmap-sys --enable Map="libertine.map"

> should work fine (I just tried and had no problem)

Because texlive itself comes with a file called libertine.map:

U:\>kpsewhich libertine.map
c:/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/libertine/libertine.map

I'm not sure what would happen if I tried to enable a second libertine.map, which resides in my auxiliary tree.

So I tried to avoid confusing tlmgr. Without the full path the command to enable the second libertine.map would not have been unambiguous.

Or is tlmgr smart enough to sort that out?

By the way: to produce my PDF I found an easy solution for the time being. I just wrote

\pdfmapfile{="C:/Users/aw/TEXMF-TREES/libertinetree/fonts/map/dvips/libertine-legacy/libertine.map"}

into the *.tex file. Made commands like \biolinumGlyph{uniE04} work without error.

--
Regards,

Alexander