binary not added to PATH by tlmgr

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Apr 16 15:39:20 CEST 2019

Hi Hendrik,

Yes, tlmgr path only links what is installed at the time of invocation, and does not add links automatically later on.

This has been like this for maybe 5-10 years. We will not change this behaviour.

There are too many things that can go wrong with this linking, and this automatic action is not advisable.

Best

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert http://www.preining.info
Accelia Inc. + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Developer