Call for testing: TeX Collection 2019

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Sun Apr 14 19:46:39 CEST 2019

Manfred,

I downloaded the iso, created a double layer DVD, and installed on Sierra, carefully following the written instructions on the DVD. The only deviation was that I changed to the "simple" scheme to save time.

I tested TeXShop compiling a 110 page document with lots of illustrations with pdflatex, and then again with latex -> dvips -> ghostscript. Both worked. I also tested TeX Live Utility, changing to the tlpretest repository, and it correctly listed all the uninstalled packages not in the simple scheme.

This passes all my tests on Sierra.

In particular, the TeXDist and Ghostscript packages are signed and notarized and yet work,
and (thanks to your work) the TeX folder "in the clear" also works.

Just to make sure, I'm going to install also on High Sierra and Mojave, and on a few versions of macOS earlier than Sierra. But I'm confident the DVD works.

In a previous email, you asked me about hdiutil. I know nothing about it; I just copied instructions someone gave me to build an iso file on the mac and use it year by year. I'll see if I can find out anything more.

Richard Koch