pretesting: tlmgr

Bernhard Kleine bernhard.kleine at gmx.net
Thu Apr 4 19:29:20 CEST 2019

Am 04.04.2019 um 10:08 schrieb Siep Kroonenberg:
> On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 09:49:28AM +0200, Bernhard Kleine wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The version from yesterday updated tlmgr from the shell, but only
>> incompletely.
>>
>> While tlmgr shows
>>
>> upon restarting the tlmgr it has obviously not being updated.
>>
>> Windows7-64
> Yes, it can fail, presumably because of windows file locking. You
> should have seen a dialog box telling you beforehand how to do it
> from the command-line in case of failure.

Hi, Siep,

yes I did see the box, however, the box says that tlmgr hat been updated
and it is restarting. That is my critique. It claims something which is
obviously not the case. While it does not restart tlmgr, tlmgr can be
restarted, but without the update. Very confusing.

Regards

Bernhard

--
spitzhalde9
D-79853 lenzkirch
bernhard.kleine at gmx.net
www.b-kleine.com, www.urseetal.net
Ich darf auch auf mein neues Buch "Falter in Lenzkirch" aufmerksam machen
(Infos bei mir)
-
thunderbird mit enigmail
GPG schlüssel: D5257409
fingerprint:
08 B7 F8 70 22 7A FC C1 15 49 CA A6 C7 6F A0 2E D5 25 74 09