[tex-live] A Simple Recommendation

Lahcene ROUANI rouani.lahcene at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 02:43:55 CEST 2018

Thank you for your reply.

 I want to mention that many answers in the Tex.se site are misleading. One
reason is that You have gave me good information about setting a path
locally or globally. I didn't came across any of this before.

Well. I have installed the TeXlive from DVD (3.48 GB), which I am sure that
it installed everything.

 My problem is that I probably didn't set the path correctly. Could you
give some directions about how to set the path globally in Ubuntu 18.04 .
And about refreshing the file name database. And how can I check all of
that.

Because I am having a problem of missing packages and classes which I have
checked that they are located in use/local/texlive/2018/.....

Best regards