[tex-live] ICC profiles for PDF/A compliance

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Sep 14 03:26:17 CEST 2018

Dear Peter, dear all,

> sRGB.iccprofile.xml
> sRGB.icc
> FOGRA39L_coated.iccprofile.xml
> FOGRA39L_coated.icc

Thanks a lot.

BUT ...

I was pointed in private by a pdfx user to
	https://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/srgb-profile-comparison.html
which gives a *very* detailed and interesting comparison, though
slightly dated (2012/2015) of different sRGB color profiles, and argues
strongly in favor of the Argyllcms sRGB profile as being the one closest
to the specification with the best properties.
https://www.argyllcms.com/

The original mail to me also contained the following statement
> Regarding other sRGB profiles, there are some that are also close to the
> specification, but there are others that have got a different white
> point, a different tone response curve or a different black point.
> Please try to avoid the latter.

The file contained in the argyll-ref package in Debian is
	/usr/share/color/argyll/ref/sRGB.icm

The discussion at the above mentioned web site - although I couldn't
check all the details - makes me somehow tempted to use the sRGB from
ArgyllCMS.

Peter, what is your opinion on this?

Thanks

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer