[tex-live] some problems when install texlive 2018 on windows 7(64)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 07:27:03 CEST 2018

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 at 04:09, zhangtiantian wrote:

> hi,i am a student from HIT China. Several days ago,i tried to write a normal report with latex on texlive2018. But,when i install it on my computer,one problem occured. The process just stoped at the command “setting up Contex cache:running mtxrun —generate ...done” and no further activity, the perl GUI also stoped. I know it is just to be ok,but i tried to reinstall it or change the directory, all failed.   I am waiting for some suggestion from our org. My computer os is windows7 64bit. Thanks!

I'm puzzled by the "done" part and you didn't specify that much
context around the failure, but ... can you please try again and try
to be patient for, say, an hour, and see if it's still frozen after
that time?

I'm not 100% sure how to check that under Windows (under task manager
you can probably check whether "luatex" process is running), but if
you have plenty of Chinese fonts installed on the system, LuaTeX might
try to read and process every single one of them, and that can take a
very very very long time. We had some issues with fonts which took
several minutes per font to finish. This was optimised to some extent,
but still ... if you have hundreds of fonts, it adds up. It's
sometimes even noticeably annoying on a system where only default
provided-by-os-vendor CJK fonts are available.

Mojca