[tex-live] ICC profiles for PDF/A compliance

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:13:17 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 at 00:19, Karl Berry wrote:

>     since ConTeXt distribution is not being sold on the DVD like TL,
>
> It's irrelevant whether TL is, in fact, being sold on DVD (that is,
> nothing would change if Lehmann stopped selling the DVD). What matters
> is that people (anyone) have the legal ability to do so. That's part of
> being free-as-in-freedom software, in the definition that we use in our
> little world.

(OK, that was a bit of a wrong wording on my side. I'm sorry.)

> If the ConTeXt distribution decides to admit nonfree files, that's a

I was talking about the ConTeXt distribution ("equivalent" of TeX Live
distribution) rather than about ConTeXt package itself.

> major policy change (as far as I know; maybe it's already happened?).

You did remove cow fonts from ConTeXt in the past due to "please do
not change these glyphs / work of art" policy violating the freedom to
modify the files.

> For one thing, we have to be sure that any such files are excluded when
> ConTeXt is imported into TL. --thanks, karl.

We are not talking about ConTeXt package at the moment, so nothing to
worry about.

Mojca