[tex-live] ICC profiles for PDF/A compliance

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:07:53 CEST 2018

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 at 03:40, Peter Selinger wrote:

> My only concern would be if people install the pdfx package
> individually from CTAN,

Who would want to do that? I'm not claiming there are no such
individuals around, but installing it is tedious.

Like already mentioned, the TDS structure is flattened on CTAN, so the
user would need to place every single file individually into the
proper location in the TEXMF tree.

> they have to go through the extra (and not
> obvious) step of installing the new icc package as well.

Also, if the user wants to install everything from scratch from CTAN,
what about all the fonts and all the other packages that are needed to
compile a simple document? Doing that without a TeX distribution is
literally a nightmare.

And inside TL the dependency can easily be implemented by adding a
line to tlpsrc if such a package exists.

> I don't see
> any significant downside to simply making this 2k file part of the
> pdfx package,

Other than the licence which apparently prohibits inclusion into TeX
Live in the first place?

Mojca