[tex-live] tl2016,tl2018: broken psnup shipped

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Sat Sep 1 10:30:20 CEST 2018

Hello Reuben!

>> Please ensure that this fix (and maybe others) also goes into the
>> git repository
>
> If you're aware of others, do let me know.

Maybe the version in TeXLive differs from the git repository?

> I applied all the patches for the C version that I could find
> several years ago.

Good, however, ...

> The bug Akira just fixed is already fixed in the current Perl
> version, I believe.

... this is not a reason to not apply Akira's fix to the C psutils
github repository.  So please do that.

BTW, where is the Perl version of psutils?  In the psutils github
repository I see a single Perl file (PSUtils.pm) – this can't be it,
right?  If the Perl code is somewhere else, it would be nice to add a
link to the README...

    Werner