[tex-live] Problems installing TeXlive in CentOS7

Lars Madsen daleif at math.au.dk
Fri Oct 12 09:20:30 CEST 2018

I'd suspect the proxy to be the issue

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb

will normally redirect to the nearest mirror as to not overload ctan.org

so

cannot contact mirror.ctan.org, returning a backbone server!

is a bit of an issue. It might help if you look through the mirror list

https://ctan.org/mirrors

and pick an explicit mirror.

Remember you'll need to append

 systems/texlive/tlnet

to the repo url

Source: http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University