[tex-live] Updates to new TL installer GUI

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 26 20:49:40 CET 2018

Hi Siep,

Le 26/11/18 à 16h36, Siep Kroonenberg a écrit :

> By the way: the latest revision, from november 24, does again allow
> more resizing.

Here on Linux Mageia 6, I can't resize any of the boxes (either
normal/advanced), in any way (neither maximize nor with the mouse).

Some remarks:

1. "Normal" box:
   1. IMHO, the box such as "Installation root", displayed as follows
      (ascii art):
     ┌────
     │         /usr/local        /        texlive        /        2018
     │       +-------------+          +-------------+         +-------------+
     │       |  Browse...  +          |   Change    +         | Toggle year +
     │       +-------------+          +-------------+         +-------------+
     └────
      could be confusing, especially for beginners: this way of choosing
      a directory is quite unusual.
   2. Some of the boxes can be closed thanks to the `Esc' key (e.g. the
      "Warning" one when "Toggle year" is clicked), other can't
      (e.g. "Directory name" when "Change" is clicked).
   3. "Installation root" → "Toggle year" → "Yes" makes the year part
      empty, which isn't what I expected by "toggling" the year.
2. "Advanced" box:
   1. Same remarks as 1.1 and 1.2.
   2. The 1st "Change" button opens a box that contains (as above)
      a "Browse..." button. The "Specify directories" as well, but with
      lowercase "browse...".

All the best.
--
Denis