[tex-live] New installer GUI

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 15:13:56 CET 2018

st 21. 11. 2018 v 14:54 odesílatel Philip Taylor <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> napsal:

> Norbert Preining wrote:
>
> > And by the way - concer[n]ing foreign words - I am typing this in my text
> > mode mutt email client, and it contains
>
> > - deutsche Wörter mit Umlaute
> > - 日本語の単語
>
> Yes, but they were not italicised, as at least the first (German) should have been when embedded in what is primarily an English language text.

I think that people should be taught to return to the roots, they
should understand the meaning. Font changes should be used for stress,
not just for showing the words from other languages. Typographical
beauty of books is yet another topic, it makes no sense to format
e-mails as books.

> > Footers in emails, since the inception of email, have been separated by
> > double dashes, as I do. Good email programs (not the one you use) strip
> > of[f] these signatures automatically.
>
> Completely pointless sending them, then — I rest my case.  Incidentally, as the author of "Janet_mailshr" (written in the mid-80's), I believe I may claim some small familiarity with e-mail protocols, but not (of course) with protocols that originate in Usenet news [1]

This is not just a mail protocol. I can easily claim to be Norbert
Preining, generate the key pairs and sign the mails and other files.
There is no certification authority for GPG, you must obtain the
fingerprnt by an independent channel. The public key can be signed but
it does not have the same strength as web servers certificate. Thus
you can receive a mail signed digitally by Humpty Dumpty, his public
key will be signed by Mock Turtle, Cheshire Cat, and Mad Hatter, but
how can you know who really sent the mail if the sender e-mail address
is forged and you cannot match the key fingerprint to a person you
know?

> "Have a good day, Norbert" :-)
> ** Phil.
> --------