[tex-live] New installer GUI

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Nov 21 11:19:57 CET 2018

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

> More specifically, a button 'More...' between the TEXDIR and
> TEXMFLOCAL rows.  But I would still want a better reason than Phil's
> sense of aesthetics.

The primary argument I would adduce is "for compatibility with the previous installer".  The functionality has been exposed for so long (well over a decade, I believe) that users will expect it to be present. Adding functionality is good and to be encouraged; removing functionality, if there is no good reason for so doing, is not.
--
<Signature>
Philip Taylor