[tex-live] New installer GUI

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Nov 19 22:57:40 CET 2018

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
> For the 2019 release of TeX Live we intend to provide a new GUI
> front-end for the installer. By now, it could benefit from wider
> testing.
>
> Just add a parameter '-gui tcl' to install-tl or to
> install-tl-windows[.bat]

OK, I rsynch'd the current TeX Live installation suite while eating
dinner, and have just launched "install-tl-windows -gui tcl".  There
were a few oddities (it appears to ignore <return> as a completer,
requiring an explicit click on a button instead) but then I hit a major
problem — I cannot see where to configure the locations of the TEXMFVAR
and TEXMFCONFIG directory hierarchies. With the previous installer I was
able to configure these as X:\TeX\Live\<Year>\TeXMF\Config &
X:\TeX\Live\<Year>\TeXMF\Var — how should I accomplish that with the new
one, please ?

Philip Taylor