[tex-live] cm-super-minimal

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sat Nov 17 15:47:48 CET 2018

Hi,

sorry for abusing the list.

I don't have access to Ubuntu/Debian TeXLive packages,
but I need to know if file at bottom of this
will be compilable to PDF via pdflatex with

texlive-lang-cyrillic

and

cm-super-minimal

>From compiling it on my Mac OS I see it embeds subset
of

sfrm1000.pfb

(et al.) fonts in PDF, which are listed

at

https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/all/cm-super-minimal/filelist

but I don't know what will happen for \Large:

I expect it to need sfrm1440.pfb

I see at link above that there is a file

/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/cm-super/cm-super-minimal-x2.map

whose contents I don't know as the file does not exist at my

/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/cm-super

I wonder thus how \Large and \small will work out on
a system having only texlive-lang-cyrillic and cm-super-minimal

I do understand I am abusing the list here, but I am no Ubuntu nor Debian user
myself and don't know where I would raise the topic, if I had been such
a user.

I am only trying to know if document next requires cm-super
or can go through with "cm-super-minimal"

Please be merciful,

Best,

Jean-François

\documentclass{article}