[tex-live] inclusion of texlive-includernw

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sun Nov 11 14:40:15 CET 2018

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018, Karl Berry wrote:

> This list (tex-live at tug.org) is about upstream TeX Live. We have no
> influence on what Fedora, or any distro, does wrt dependencies or
> anything else. I suggest submitting a bug in whatever way Fedora
> prefers. --good luck, karl.

Thanks, I understand, but also feel that the includernw latex package
*.sty should itself test for a working R environment, and whether that
environment includes the R knitr package, stopping if they are not found
and issuing helpful instructions to the user. The Fedora packager
might then have been less eager to lumber all texlive-scheme-medium
users with a large and unnecessary dependency. Last year I was editor in
chief of the R Journal (responsible for technical production of articles),
and need precise control over workflow components in this capacity. The
invasiveness of this upgrade is really shocking.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand
Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.