[tex-live] problem with texdoc

Justin C. Walker justin at me.com
Sat Nov 10 18:25:44 CET 2018

> On Nov 10, 2018, at 07:48 , Pablo Alfonso González Luengo <pablgonz at educarchile.cl> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone, after the last update (windows/linux) to use texdoc it seems that something is not quite right. For example, if it is executed:
> $ texdoc 1234
> show README for rumakeindex, and if executed again (two o more times) show a diferent files.

I can confirm the behavior.  It shows up for me on macOS 10.13.6.  My most recent update was on October 29, FWIW.

And also, I have, in the last 4-5 days, used texdoc successfully, so that, e.g., “texdoc latex” or “makeindex” displays something reasonable, even if I run it several times.

Must have something to do with the argument.

HTH

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large