[tex-live] font stickstooMath-... is defined multiple times

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed May 30 14:12:03 CEST 2018

Hi Axel,

> updmap [WARNING]: font stickstooMath-Regular is defined multiple times:
>    newtx.map (from /usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/web2c/updmap.cfg)
>    SticksTooText.map (from

SticksTooText.map is neither from Lucida nor MathTimePro (I own both),
so this is a different font set you have installed, and which defines
the same font
  stickstooMath-Regular

> I guess there is not really any problem with this, but I thought it might be
> OK to notify it.

It is a problem you have created by adding SticksTooText.map in
  /usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/web2c/updmap.cfg
and all this is written in the messages shipped out by updmap.

> of RAM and the original disk drive ---it's updmap that is really, really
> faster.

It still needs to read all the .map files, that hasn't changed. But it
doesn't run lots of mktexlsr etc anymore. So speed shouldn't have
changed that much, but it definitely has changed.

All the best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer