[tex-live] [debian-refcard] Help needed with xmlroff -> dblatex migration

Holger Wansing hwansing at mailbox.org
Tue May 29 20:21:02 CEST 2018

Hi,

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> > - and the resulting tex file.
>
> I just tried the resulting tex file, and at least to my feeling it works
> more or less (cannot read Hebrew, sorry, on my list). I attach the
> generated .pdf
>
> There are two places where xelatex hangs:

I was able to get around these errors (so far).
Problem seems to be, that babel is used, and also polyglossia (as Zdenek
already mentioned). When I set
	<xsl:param name="latex.babel.use">0</xsl:param>
the build is working fine without errors, so when forcing to not use babel
at all.
Is there a more proper way to disable babel? Like it is now, I have babel
disabled completely, means: for all languages, while I'm not sure, if babel
may probably be needed for some language (maybe Arabic?)
(The refcard is currently built for 32 languages from the same source).

A problem I have now:
In the hebrew *PDF*, RTL direction is not honored correctly:
When looking at each word, it is fine (means RTL inside of the word), but the
order of the words is LTR.
However, in the *tex* file everything seems to looks fine.
What can be done about this?

I have attached the generated tex file, the pdf generated from that, and
another pdf, which was build with xmlroff (the old build method; this pdf is
confirmed from Hebrew translator to be fine, so this is the reference).

Thanks
Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing at mailbox.org>
PGP-Finterprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076