[tex-live] Windows Installer Bug

Martyn Gadsdon py9mrg at icloud.com
Sun May 20 20:36:25 CEST 2018

Now it's telling me that texmf.cnf is missing from folder \install-tl-20180520\texmf-dist\web2c - starting to think I'm doing something wrong.

On May 20, 2018, at 06:09 PM, Martyn Gadsdon <py9mrg at icloud.com> wrote:

Hello All,

There appears to be a bug in the Windows installer. The install fails and the error says to unpack then run the installation .bat file for more info. When you do that you learn that something called lz4.exe is not found (in my case in \install-tl-20180520\tlpkg\installer\lz4). Looking in the relevant place, there is no lz4 folder so it appears to have been accidentally omitted from the installer.

Workaround is to get a version of lz4 from github, extract the zip file, copy the folder containing lz4.exe into the tlpkg\installer location mentioned above, then rename the folder to just lz4 to remove version specific stuff. Re-running the installation bat file then works fine.

Cheers,

Martyn.