[tex-live] MacTex Bug: wget.x86_64-darwin is missing HTTPS support

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu May 17 22:38:14 CEST 2018

Passing --no-check-certificate to wget avoids the requirement for local
certificates. (Or check_certificate=off in .wgetrc, irrelevant to us.)

We should probably adjust our invocation of wget to include this;
unfortunately it is a relatively recent addition, so it would have to be
tested for. Anyway ...

    want to willy-nilly add a second static openSSL

A statically linked openssl in our wget binary should present no issues.

    without knowing why they "deprecated" their own copy, but cannot
    find information on the web.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7406946/why-is-apple-deprecating-openssl-in-macos-10-7-lion

karl