[tex-live] Has anything changed in the order TL searches for packages?

Urs Liska lists at openlilylib.org
Wed May 16 16:42:14 CEST 2018

Hi Zdenek and Norbert,

thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately it doesn't help:

    $ kpsewhich lyluatex.sty -engine lualatex
    /home/uliska/texmf/tex/latex/latex-git/lyluatex/lyluatex.sty

    $ kpsewhich lyluatex.sty -engine luatex
    /home/uliska/texmf/tex/latex/latex-git/lyluatex/lyluatex.sty

both point to the "local" file.
Moving the local package to ~texmf/tex/luatex doesn't help either, i.e.
still the texlive version is found.

I just checked with another custom package (that has not been published)
to see whether ~/texmf is searched at all, and there's no issue with that.

So it seems that /usr/share/texlive is searched before ~/texmf,
regardless of the engine.

Is there some configuration file that may have to be changed, that may
have been overwritten by the update, or that is simply different between
~/.texlive2017 and ~/.texlive2018?

Urs