[tex-live] Deployment of TL 2018 (on multiple computers): release or updated?

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 9 18:32:45 CEST 2018

Le 09/05/18 à 18h18, Siep Kroonenberg a écrit :

>> 2. mount the `.iso' file (on Windows, possibly with the help of
>>    WinCDEmu: http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/),
>
> This is a good option for windows 7, but from 8 on windows can mount
> isos natively.

As far as I can see, it seems to not be the case for each Windows >
7 version. It happened still yesterday:
- on some Windows machines, mostly Windows 10, it was enough to
  double-click on the `.iso' file to mount it,
- on several other ones, even with Windows 10, double-clicking made
  Windows ask for the software to "open" the `.iso' file (in such
  a case, I advised the students to use the WinCDEmu method).
--
Denis