[tex-live] Deployment of TL 2018 (on multiple computers): release or updated?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed May 9 18:19:59 CEST 2018

> Le 09/05/18 à 15h12, Lars Madsen a écrit :
>
> > I haven't used the ISO in years, for installation does it just contain
> > the tlnet folder?
>
> I guess so.
>
> > Because then you might just make your own ISO from an rsync'ed copy on
> > the tlnet folder from one of the mirrors
>
> That's what I'm planning :) See my first answer to Norbert:

Generally, .iso is just a file system of CD/DVD. Using mkisofs (or
equivalent) you can put into it whatever you wish. You can thus put there
the installed TEXMF tree. A Linux user will mount it and modify PATH. A
Windows user will mount it and will have to do something via tlmgr to make
it known by the system. Yes, it is difficult for Windows users but you
could probably make an Autorun which will do it automatically when the .iso
is mounted.

>   ┌────
>   │ I guess I could at that time build an `.iso' file with the content of
>   │ the `Master' directory of the TL.
>   └────
> --
> Denis