[tex-live] Deployment of TL 2018 (on multiple computers): release or updated?

Lars Madsen daleif at math.au.dk
Wed May 9 16:47:32 CEST 2018

We usually ask the students to copy the tlnet folder to their harddisk and then pass on the USB. But copying loads and loads of small files are super slow in windows so that copying takes about 10-20min and then comes then installation.

We tried zipping the TL tree such that is it is only one file to copy, which is faster, but takes just as long time to unzip in Windows.

Sometimes, my cloning script is just faster to use, but I haven't touch that script in years. (then you'd only need to unzip a file tree and run a script afterwards, still takes time)

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University