[tex-live] Deployment of TL 2018 (on multiple computers): release or updated?

Denis Bitouzé denis.bitouze at univ-littoral.fr
Wed May 9 10:06:34 CEST 2018

Hi,

we want to deploy TL 2018 (on multiple computers of multiple computer
rooms).

I noticed several, maybe critical, troubles with some packages
(`latexmk', `multicol', etc.) that were fixed after TL release (but
I hadn't time to read carefully the corresponding bug reports).

Is it nevertheless safe to install the release or is it safer to install
TL at its current state?

I know each snapshot of TL may content some critical bug but I ask the
question because it would be tedious to update TL on each computer
afterwards.

All the best.
--
Denis