[tex-live] Dropping support for Mac OS X 10.5 (i386, ppc)?

Juergen Fenn jfenn at gmx.net
Thu Mar 22 22:28:04 CET 2018

Am 22 Mar 2018 11:24:48 Uhr schrieb Mojca Miklavec:
> I'm pretty sure that not all the users are subscribed to this mailing
> list, but: do you think anyone would actually miss support for Mac OS
> X 10.5 (ppc and i386)?

> 10.6 with x86_64 will still be (conditionally) supported, 10.7 and
> onwards will have full support for installation from command-line at
> least.

Mojca, I don't think that support for 10.5 will be greatly missed
because the real threshold system number was 10.6. It was after 10.6
that something really new took off, and I think most users still running
an old machine had updated to 10.6 at the time. So, I have no objections
to dropping support for 10.5 which was released eleven years ago.

Best regards,
Jürgen.