[tex-live] suggestion: include kbordermatrix in TeXLive

Paul Gessler pdgessler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 21:05:16 CET 2018

Hi Kim,

(Bringing the mailing list and Tamas back into CC so everyone can
follow the discussion.)

Apologies in advance if you're already familiar with the following;
I'm not sure of your background:

Typically, small packages use the LaTeX Project Public License (LPPL),
but TeX Live also recommends the GNU GPL and really any free software
license will suffice for inclusion in TeX Live.

The website for any of these licenses will show you how to properly
apply the license to your code. You can also check CTAN for some
examples in other packages. Software licensing can be a complex and
sometimes emotionally-charged topic (in some circles). So, if you want
to keep it simple, I'd recommend LPPL[1] for a small LaTeX package.
That's what most other LaTeX packages use. But the final decision is
obviously up to you as the package author.

Anyone with more licensing knowledge than me (I know there are lots of
you out there, haha), please make corrections if I've misstated
anything above. :-)

Cheers,

PG

[1] https://www.latex-project.org//lppl/